Who are we?
ToucanTech Ltd (“we
”) is a company registered in England and Wales (company number 08793687) with its registered address at 15 Warwick Road, Stratford-Upon-Avon CV37 6YW, UK and its headquarters in London, UK. We service customers internationally but use English law as our governing law and abide by UK and EU data protection legislation.What do we do?
ToucanTech provides a cloud-based database and website software which organisations (inclluding schools, charities and companies) use to manage a range of communications and administrative activities. The ToucanTech system has been built with careful consideration to data management and security, in terms of both the functional design of the product and our processes for handling data.
ToucanTech is registered with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) - reference ZA050337 - as a data processor to run our customers' databases and as a data controller for our own sales, marketing and customer support data.This company website
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and any subsequent UK legislation covering data protection, the data controller in this Policy is ToucanTech.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this Policy sets out what information we collect about you, where and how we use (“process”) it.
This Policy relates specifically to data collected and processed on this website and for our sales and marketing purposes. We have other policies relating to data privacy:
- Our customer agreements, which cover our responsibilities for processing customers' data
- Our internal information security policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. We will announce any significant changes on this website or by contacting you directly with the information. Please check this page occasionally to make sure you are happy with any changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy or concerning your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. What type of personal information we collect
The information we have about you depends on where we collect it, but may include:
Where we collect information from
- Work/ Education history
- Participation in our events, emails, competitions, surveys and other activities
- Geo-location data (your geographical location based on your IP address)
- Activity on this website and other websites managed by ToucanTech
- Consent options and communication preferences
- Content (such as announcements, stories, photos, documents, comments, events, jobs) that you post on this website or other websites managed by ToucanTech, or that you provide to us by other means
- Notes relating to discussions and interactions that we've had with you via phone, email or in-person
We collect personal information when you:
How we use your information
- visit this website or other websites managed by ToucanTech
- post content on any websites and social media channels managed by ToucanTech
- complete information in our 'contact us', 'book a demo' or 'resource download' forms
- take part in an event, such as a webinar or conference, organised by us or one of our partners
- post professional information or contact details on your organisation's website, printed brochures or social media channels
- open or click on an email sent via our email software
- attend a meeting with us, speak to us on the phone, or correspond via email and provide us with information
- contact us in any way including online, email, phone, SMS, social media or post
We will use your personal information in a number of ways, always with a legal basis for processing your data. These may include:
Our legal basis for processing your information
- providing you with the information, updates or resources that you have asked for
- responding to a request for a demo or meeting
- sending you communications that may be of interest, including news, reports or invites to events
- seeking your views on the services or activities we carry out, so that we can make improvements
- updating our database records with your contact and work details
- analysing your engagement with our website and other content to help us improve our services for you
The use of your information for the purposes set out above is lawful because one or more of the following applies:
Updating your consent preferences
- you have given us your consent for the information to be used
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests to hold and use your information and we are not impacting your privacy by doing so
If you click ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of an email we send you, you will be automatically opted-out of these types of email communications in the future.
If you want to speak with us about your consent preferences please contact the ToucanTech support team at email@example.com How we keep your information safe
We understand the importance of keeping your personal information secure and take appropriate steps to safeguard it.
Your data is stored on a dedicated, secure cloud server hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the EU with Industry standard firewalls, anti-virus, encryption and back-up methods in place, as well as strict data handling protocols.
We always ensure only authorised persons have access to your information, which means only our approved employees and contractors, and that everyone who has access is appropriately trained in data management. Who has access to your information?
- Membes of ToucanTech team who have access to our company database
- Web hosting, email hosting, analytics and search engine providers that enable us to run and improve our website and its use
- Third parties if we run an event in conjunction with them. We will let you know how your data is used when you register for an event
- Third parties in connection with restructuring or reorganisation of our operations, for example if we merge with another business. In such event, we will take steps to ensure your privacy rights will be protected by the third party
We select our third-party service providers with care. We provide these third parties with the information that is necessary to provide the service and we will have an agreement in place that requires them to operate with the same care over data protection as we do Keeping your information up to date
Please would you let us know if your contact details change - you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Cookies
The law states that we can store cookies on your machine if they are essential to the operation of the website, but that for all others we need your permission to do so.
The list below explains the cookies we use and why:
Opting out of cookies
|Cookie Description ||Name ||Purpose/ More info |
|Session Cookie ||ToucanTech_Member_Code |
|Used to remember you as you travel from page to page in a single session (without leaving the website) in order to provide a continuous and unified experience |
|Session Cookie ||Google Analytics ||We use Google Analytics to monitor web traffic to this website. You can read about how their cookies work here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage |
If you do not wish to receive cookies from us or any other website, you should be able to turn cookies off on your web browser: please follow your browser provider’s instruction in order to do so. Unfortunately, we cannot accept liability for any malfunctioning of your computer or its installed web browser as a result of any attempt to turn off cookies.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org
. Use of aggregated data
Where data can be aggregated and anonymised, we might use this for research purposes without restriction. For example, we may monitor traffic patterns, site usage, response rates and data trends to help make improvement to the website software. We are entitled to do this because the resulting data will not personally identify you and will therefore no longer constitute personal data for the purposes of data protection laws. How long we keep your information for
We will hold your personal information for only as long as it is necessary. We will process your data only when we have a genuine and legitimate interest to do so, and we are not harming any of your rights or interests when we process your data in this way.
If you ask us to stop contacting you, we will keep a record of your contact details and limited information needed to ensure we comply with your request. If you ask us to remove your personal data from our database we will delete all the information we hold apart from your name, organisation and your request to be removed and we will then archive your record in our database (so that we don't accidentally add information about you back in to our database). Your rights
You have the right to request details of how we use your personal information through making a subject access request - please contact email@example.com to make such a request.
If you are not happy with the way in which we have processed or dealt with your information you can make a complaint to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the UK's Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO) - further details can be found here
The ToucanTech team
This Policy was last updated in January 2020